Sometimes despite all my ambitions and determination things don’t quite follow through, especially when things compete with either sleep or food. It’s been a while since my last entry, over half the year’s gone by, and it’s about to start the 10th month of the year.
The resolutions as I wrote down for 2013 were as follows:
- Work out! This seems to be the thing that’s on every year. Hopefully one year it’ll finally stick right? This has been an on and off thing, more off than on, but more on than previous years. I’ll get more into this after I go through the rest of these resolutions.
- I want to get out of my comfort zone and socialize more, even though the hermit within me will resist with all its might. The last time I went out, only good things came out of it. So I might as well try and work at it and do more. In the end, I want to take more chances, and live life to its fullest. I’ve definitely done this, and I’ve been burned because of it. I have been taking more chances and risks as a result though, and some people have come to know me as the girl who did it because “what’s the worse that could happen?” Which is all in all a good thing. But with rotations lately, I just haven’t found the time or the motivation (or possess the budget) to go out to do things anymore. I sort of give up on this whole notion right now, it’ll come when it comes.
- Be a doer. Since starting college really, I’ve been taking the back seat to pretty much everything. And well, I think it’s time for me to find that drive again and stat getting involved and do things. I’ve already taken two steps in the right direction by taking initiative in my club. Let’s hope I keep it that way! Definitely a doer. “What’s the worse that could happen?” Seriously, a friend of mine said that sometimes she imagines my voice in her head saying that when she’s debating between doing certain things. I’ve definitely gotten myself really involved with Rho Chi. I even went to the Diabetes Walk this past Saturday to do some blood glucose testing for people. AND I HATE doing that sort of stuff. But in the end, it was a decent way to spend my Saturday morning. Definitely got me out of bed early (granted, I still woke up late).
So that working out bit, it’s a huge struggle for me. Internal struggle of do I work out for an hour or do I go home and eat/sleep. Usually working out occurs after rotations (or at least that was the intent), but it appears that after rotations I get mad hungry and can’t function and run home (or to the store to get food to make at home) to eat. That or I’m far too exhausted to even think of the potential of being on that elliptical for 30-60 minutes, and the comforts of rolling around in my very comfortable memory foamed topped bed seems to be calling me like the Sirens called Odysseys. Oh but I digress.
I’m turning 26 this year. In 21 days to be exact. Academically and career-wise, I’m content with myself. My skin’s also taming it self a lot more compared to all the other years. I think my skin’s the best it’s been in a while, just hoping the redness fades away with time and that I don’t get any more attack of the blemishes. I finally found a moisturizer that really works for my skin, and it makes it feel SO SOFT!
I’ve been following Shay Carl’s family vlogs (SHAYTARDS), and he is doing this ShayTober or whatever he’s deciding to call it. But in any case, now’s a good time as any right? So starting tomorrow, I’ll be pushing myself back in the grind and getting myself to where I want to be physically. There’s also the fact that I’m participating in the 5k ROC (Ridiculous Obstacle Course) on the 12th. Below are my goals, and hopefully I can keep myself accountable for everything for the next month at least.
My Goals for October:
- Lose 10 lbs (I’m standing around 123-124 lbs right now); I know that doesn’t sound like I weigh a lot, but I’m a tiny person, that my BMI right now is at a 22.5 (Normal Weight Range: 18.5-24.9). So if I drop down to 113 lbs, my BMI would be 20.7 so nowhere near underweight or anything so it’s a good goal.
- Lose the belly fat! This is really my main reason for doing all of this. It’s been an ongoing struggle since high school, and I’ve never been able to tone it down. I really want to, so hopefully I can put in the efforts to do this now. Hopefully see improvement by the time I turn 26 on the 21st of October? Maybe?
- Drink more water! I was actually doing really well with this during the summer semester, but then things went out of whack and then I got off track, and I guess I got out of habit. According to some random hydration calculator I found, I should be drinking 1.9 liters of water. That’s two and a half bottles of my camel back water bottle. I can do that. The more water, the better!
The biggest issue I have with this whole working out bit is keeping myself accountable. So hopefully for the next month I’ll post a blog or something about what I did today, and keep a workout and food log and what not. Let’s see how this goes. Before pictures will happen tomorrow morning, then it begins!