Not going to lie. I sort of decided to take action and make this fitness month thanks the motivation provided by Shay Carl’s Shaytober. So I’m for sure determined that my ultimate goal is to be 110 pounds, I know that back when I was 115 pounds I still had the belly flab cause that’s how much I weighed growing up once I hit puberty. Given how my schedule can be erratic with new and upcoming rotation schedules, and how not all of them will be like my current one where I literally don’t do anything once I leave the clinic, I figured it’d be a reasonable goal to get to my goal weight by the end of 2013.
Why wait until January 1, 2014 to make efforts for a brand new body with great health goals? I feel like that’s an ongoing trend with me, I tend to decide things and just start right away. I did it last time in 2009, when I got a gym membership weeks before the start of the new year figuring I’d start now instead of waiting for when it’s “customary” to start.
However, given that I’m at my easy rotation until November 4, I decided to challenge myself even more. ShayCarl is doing this Diet Bet thing, which is what they call social dieting. $30 goes in to the pot, and when it ends if I lose 4% of my weight (4.8 pounds in my case), I get my $30 back and split the pot of the money of people who didn’t win. I’m poor, extra money is always nice. I’m already planning on losing the weight, so sure why not join?
I submitted my starting weight when I woke up earlier, and I weighed in at 121.2 pounds (had to have some clothes on for the pictures, which is why it varies from the weight posted on this blog). Ultimate weight goal is 116.4 pounds by November 11th, I can do it! I haven’t weighed that much (little?) since right before I started college I think.
The diet bet starts tomorrow (October 15) and ends November 11! However, you can join up to 14 days late in the game (you just won’t get extra time). So come join me?!
Here’s my link if you want to join: http://diet.bt/1gcEgeP
- Weight: 121.0 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 2pm, 400 mL jasmine tea, 300 mL water at the restaurant, 750 mL after workout, 750 mL by 12:30am = 2950 mL
- Workout Time: 50 minutes at the gym doing that elliptical thing. Kept my pace at 166-172 strides/minute for the majority of the time (better than last time where it was 158-162) on the same level of resistance
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped cause I woke up late… again. I’m really bad at waking up early on weekends.
- Lunch: 1 serving chicken-olive sauté (Recipe found on Prevention.com) with 1/4 cup of quinoa
- Dinner: a little bit of go-green vegan fried rice and some Thai general vegan chicken dish, and some tofu, and then some taro sticky rice pudding thing (shared it with a friend)
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple with fat free french vanilla yogurt fruit dip