My preceptor got me a thing of 4 triple chocolate cupcakes (each one possessing 360 calories). Very nice gesture, so I couldn’t refuse. I ended up giving one to my financial adviser (who I saw after I met with my preceptor), and then the security guard since I was walking by him. I wanted to give one to the career service guy too, but I couldn’t find him. The remaining two cupcakes called my name too loudly as I was sitting alone in the computer lab to research some residency programs that I wanted to apply to, so one of them ended up in my stomach. Afterwards, I felt gross. It was far more sugar than I’m used to. Usually when I’m craving something “candy-like” I go with a spoonful of peanut butter and it’s a pretty decent fix cause I can savor it pretty well. But this time, it was just sitting there. It was a really good cupcake, but man so many calories for a standard sized cupcake!
I also have Thai tonight with my roommate, so let’s see if I can just not eat anything for the next six hours before it’s time for my birthday dinner with the roommate and her mom (aka my surrogate mother here in MA). It turns out that I couldn’t, I was starting to get a headache cause I was so hungry so I ate some of that gỏi gà. Lots of cabbage can’t be too bad for you right?
But I definitely had the most amazing birthday evening ever. I hung out with my roommate and her mom and step father and another friend of mine. We went to this new Thai restaurant, and it was the bomb! I got the Green Curry with Duck and coconut rice. It was DELICIOUS! My roommate was also very sneaky and slipped in a tiramisu cake (my favorite), and the restaurant gave us ginger ice cream (also my favorite). It was definitely a good evening with good company.
- Weight: 122.0 pounds
- Water Intake: 591 mL by 2pm, 750 mL post workout = water intake was horrible today; practically half of my usual -_-
- Workout Time: 65 minutes elliptical (524 calories burnt), 30 minutes walking on the treadmill for a cool down and to finish my episode of Fringe (105 calories).
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped; woke up at 9 and laid around in bed and ended up almost late for my 10am meeting with my preceptor
- Lunch: Kimberly’s Triple Chocolate Gourmet Cupcake (360 calories)
- Post Workout “Snack”: gỏi gà
- Dinner: half an entree of Thai green curry with duck and coconut rice, with some Thai iced tea
- Dessert: tiramisu cake with ginger ice cream; and a small bite of Thai egg custard with sticky rice