I keep doing that, don’t I? Say oops, I’ve been busy and been too occupied to write and all that nonsense, and that I’ll blog more often. Empty words really. But hey, at least I come back from time to time. Looking back at the past 365 days, I’ve realized that a lot has happened, and my life has drastically changed because of all of those events. Some good, some bad, some are just change and progressing in life.
As a quick bullet list of events in 2011:
- Got interviews for pharmacy school – out of the 6 schools I applied to, all 6 wanted me to interview. I attended interviews for 4 of them, and all 4 accepted me into their PharmD program
- Fell in love with the first guy ever at the ripe ol’ age of 23, and thus began my first relationship ever – it’s given me many first, i.e., boyfriend, kiss, etc.
- Quit my first job ever at noodles & company – and I miss the people there very much, without them I don’t think I’d be the person I am today. It was a good three years working with them.
- Became a very proficient pharmacy technician through on-the-job training, which has given me an upper hand in pharmacy school thus far.
- Paid off my 2010 Toyota Corolla S model that I bought at the end of 2009.
- Moved cross country to Massachusetts for pharmacy school – out of the 4 schools I was accepted in, I chose the furthest one and the shortest program out of all of them.
- Lived with my then boyfriend, fought, found out our differences, found out about myself and my needs – in the end, it resulted in breaking up with him due to the fact that we both weren’t on the same phase in life and that our needs differed
- Made new friends and in the process learned how deceiving some people can be, and how others are out there to simply take advantage of others; yet at the same time found good friends through all of that mess who’d have my back regardless
- Finished my first semester of pharmacy school with three A’s, 2 B+’s, and one B
- Realized that my friends back in Colorado are definitely true friends, and despite the fact that I don’t have many friends the ones I do have are definitely all I need.
Now that I’ve listed things, I swear there was more. If I were to sum up 2011 in a couple of keywords they would be relationships and new beginnings. 2011 was definitely the year of change, of advancing to a new chapter of life for me. I definitely would say that I don’t regret any of the choices I’ve made this past year. However, there are some things I would have changed if I knew the things I knew today. But regardless, I’m content with where I am today.
And since it is New Year’s Eve technically right now, I suppose I should list some resolutions that I should hope to accomplish in 2012.
- Start caring about my skin – the acne’s gone, now to take care of the rest. Gotta look my best for my future patients!
- Work out 2-3 times a week regardless of the weather or exams – last year the goal was just to start working out, and I definitely have accomplished that.
- Be more financially responsible – due to a cascade of events in 2011, I found myself in a financial bind of sorts, and well… If I tighten my hold on my finances I should be okay. But that also means, not going out to eat much any more, learning to buy only what I’ll eat/cook before they go bad; in the end, I want to start saving money instead of surviving semester to semester. I’m also hoping to get a paid intern job sometime soon as well.
- This really isn’t a resolution, but I also want to get a kitten/cat, and I’m aiming for getting one this summer, hopefully. It truly depends on how my financial situation is, but I truly truly want a pet! It’d keep me company in my apartment.
I suppose that’s really all I have in mind for what I achieve for 2012. Let’s see how well I’ll pull through in 2012!
Happy New Year’s everyone! ❤