My preceptor got me a thing of 4 triple chocolate cupcakes (each one possessing 360 calories). Very nice gesture, so I couldn’t refuse. I ended up giving one to my financial adviser (who I saw after I met with my preceptor), and then the security guard since I was walking by him. I wanted to give one to the career service guy too, but I couldn’t find him. The remaining two cupcakes called my name too loudly as I was sitting alone in the computer lab to research some residency programs that I wanted to apply to, so one of them ended up in my stomach. Afterwards, I felt gross. It was far more sugar than I’m used to. Usually when I’m craving something “candy-like” I go with a spoonful of peanut butter and it’s a pretty decent fix cause I can savor it pretty well. But this time, it was just sitting there. It was a really good cupcake, but man so many calories for a standard sized cupcake!
I also have Thai tonight with my roommate, so let’s see if I can just not eat anything for the next six hours before it’s time for my birthday dinner with the roommate and her mom (aka my surrogate mother here in MA). It turns out that I couldn’t, I was starting to get a headache cause I was so hungry so I ate some of that gỏi gà. Lots of cabbage can’t be too bad for you right?
But I definitely had the most amazing birthday evening ever. I hung out with my roommate and her mom and step father and another friend of mine. We went to this new Thai restaurant, and it was the bomb! I got the Green Curry with Duck and coconut rice. It was DELICIOUS! My roommate was also very sneaky and slipped in a tiramisu cake (my favorite), and the restaurant gave us ginger ice cream (also my favorite). It was definitely a good evening with good company.
- Weight: 122.0 pounds
- Water Intake: 591 mL by 2pm, 750 mL post workout = water intake was horrible today; practically half of my usual -_-
- Workout Time: 65 minutes elliptical (524 calories burnt), 30 minutes walking on the treadmill for a cool down and to finish my episode of Fringe (105 calories).
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped; woke up at 9 and laid around in bed and ended up almost late for my 10am meeting with my preceptor
- Lunch: Kimberly’s Triple Chocolate Gourmet Cupcake (360 calories)
- Post Workout “Snack”: gỏi gà
- Dinner: half an entree of Thai green curry with duck and coconut rice, with some Thai iced tea
- Dessert: tiramisu cake with ginger ice cream; and a small bite of Thai egg custard with sticky rice
I have no motivation to go to the gym today. I’m just tired and I want to go to sleep all day. Oye. Managed to sort of work out, got my heart rate up for a little bit before I just didn’t want to work out anymore. I find it funny that I’m more into working out when I’m at the gym than when I’m at home following fitness DVDs or YouTube videos. What counts is that I did something at least right?
I feel that I’m always so friggin’ lazy when I have days off at home. I think a new goal for myself is to get out of bed and stay out of bed until it’s bedtime. But it’s so comfortable to lay around bed all day when I can. Sleep sounds amazing right now, despite the fact that it’s only 7:18pm.
I’m also really bad at estimating how many calories I’ve consumed, and given today’s lunch was an all you can eat buffet, and I ate two plates where I had a small spoon of delicious Indian food, of everything there (they only had one bar set up). I really can’t tell how much I ate in terms of calories, but I figured I’ll just initiate intermittent fasting this way and not eat again until tomorrow around 12. So I guess 24 hour fasting period is the way to go. Maybe.
- Weight: 122.0
- Water Intake: 300 mL at the restaurant, 750 mL at by 7:30pm, 750 mL by 9pm, 750 mL by 11 pm
- Workout Time: 30 minutes of Cardio Hip Hop, and like 4 minute of this YouTube abs workout routine
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped – i was tired and slept up until lunch time
- Lunch: two plates of an all you can eat Indian buffet – had a little bit of everything since it was my first time eating indian food
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple
Birthday extravaganza now begins! Let’s hope that at least I won’t gain weight. Oye…
- Weight: 121.4 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 10am, 750 mL by 1pm, 750 mL by 9:30pm, 750 mL by midnight = 3000 mL
- Workout Time: None – got out of clinic an hour later than expected
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: 1 granny smith apple
- Lunch: 6″ Subway sandwich, tuscan chicken with italian bread, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, olives, pickles, and buffalo sauce
- Dinner: Teppanyaki hibachi-style with fried rice, lobster, filet mignon, and shrimp with veggies (zucchini and mushrooms)
- Dessert: Ice Cream Cake
Oye, today was definitely a cheat day in terms of my usual food routine/diet. The weather was gloomy, misting rain, and slightly chilly, which meant it was perfect weather for Hot Pot. So I spontaneously called out a friend and we went down to Boston to get some at 8pm. Man was it worth it. However, I feel like it’s a lot more food at one time than I’ve been used to the last two weeks. My stomach was uncomfortably full, but unfortunately the Hot Pot was too good to pass up, and you can’t doggie bag Hot Pot. It just doesn’t work that way.
Next weekend’s even going to be worse, given that it’s my birthday weekend. Already planned is a Hibachi dinner on Friday night with a group of friends, and then on the Monday following I’m going out to try this new Thai place nearby with my roommate and her mom to celebrate my birthday then. Gotta just stay on track on the other days.
- Weight: 122.2 lbs
- Water Intake: 300 mL by noon, 750 mL by 1:30pm, 750 mL by end of work out, 500 mL of hojicha green tea, 500 mL of water during dinner = 2800 mL
- Workout Time: 50 minutes on the elliptical (398.7 calories)
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast:one 100-calorie English muffin with peanut butter and honey
- Post-Workout Snack: one clementine, one serving of Chobani’s Vanilla Greek Yogurt with 1/4 cup of Bare Naked Fit Triple Crunch Berry Granola
- Lunch: one slice of my roommate’s “homemade pizza” – crust made of whole grain, toppings include kale, yellow squash, tomatoes, marinara sauce, meatless sausage, asparagus, onions, and hardly any cheese
- Dinner: Asian Hot Pot at Shabu Zen – I got the surf and turf (lamb and a plate of assorted seafood – salmon, some white fish, scallops, fish cake, squid, mini octopus) with a plate of veggies (bak choy, napa cabbage, enoki mushroom, king mushroom, some other button mushroom, tomato, carrot, tofu) in a Spicy Szechuan Broth, with a small rice bowl of udon noodles
- Dessert: Kung Fu Milk Tea‘s Bubble Milk Green Tea with boba