No progress so far. Oye. Maybe I just need to go poo.
- Weight: 123.6 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by noon, 750 mL post workout
- Workout Time: 65 minutes elliptical (580 calories burnt)
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped
- Lunch: skipped
- Dinner: gỏi gà
- Dessert: tiramisu cake (small slice), 3 cookies, 1 pomegranate, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
My preceptor got me a thing of 4 triple chocolate cupcakes (each one possessing 360 calories). Very nice gesture, so I couldn’t refuse. I ended up giving one to my financial adviser (who I saw after I met with my preceptor), and then the security guard since I was walking by him. I wanted to give one to the career service guy too, but I couldn’t find him. The remaining two cupcakes called my name too loudly as I was sitting alone in the computer lab to research some residency programs that I wanted to apply to, so one of them ended up in my stomach. Afterwards, I felt gross. It was far more sugar than I’m used to. Usually when I’m craving something “candy-like” I go with a spoonful of peanut butter and it’s a pretty decent fix cause I can savor it pretty well. But this time, it was just sitting there. It was a really good cupcake, but man so many calories for a standard sized cupcake!
I also have Thai tonight with my roommate, so let’s see if I can just not eat anything for the next six hours before it’s time for my birthday dinner with the roommate and her mom (aka my surrogate mother here in MA). It turns out that I couldn’t, I was starting to get a headache cause I was so hungry so I ate some of that gỏi gà. Lots of cabbage can’t be too bad for you right?
But I definitely had the most amazing birthday evening ever. I hung out with my roommate and her mom and step father and another friend of mine. We went to this new Thai restaurant, and it was the bomb! I got the Green Curry with Duck and coconut rice. It was DELICIOUS! My roommate was also very sneaky and slipped in a tiramisu cake (my favorite), and the restaurant gave us ginger ice cream (also my favorite). It was definitely a good evening with good company.
- Weight: 122.0 pounds
- Water Intake: 591 mL by 2pm, 750 mL post workout = water intake was horrible today; practically half of my usual -_-
- Workout Time: 65 minutes elliptical (524 calories burnt), 30 minutes walking on the treadmill for a cool down and to finish my episode of Fringe (105 calories).
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped; woke up at 9 and laid around in bed and ended up almost late for my 10am meeting with my preceptor
- Lunch: Kimberly’s Triple Chocolate Gourmet Cupcake (360 calories)
- Post Workout “Snack”: gỏi gà
- Dinner: half an entree of Thai green curry with duck and coconut rice, with some Thai iced tea
- Dessert: tiramisu cake with ginger ice cream; and a small bite of Thai egg custard with sticky rice
This whole losing weight thing is actually harder and more discouraging than I initially thought when I started it October 1. I double checked my measurements this morning too, and none of them have changed any. I’ve been working out, I’ve been keeping myself hydrated, I’ve been watching what I eat. I just don’t get how I’m not losing weight, and today is almost the end of week 3, and I don’t feel like I’ve had much progress at all.
But in any case, I feel much better and not so much in that “blergh” mood that I have been in the last 24 hours or so now that I’ve spent a good chunk of time at the gym.
- Weight: 122.6 pounds (122.0 pounds after work out)
- Water Intake: 750 mL post-workout, 750 mL by 7:00pm, 750 mL by 10:00 pm
- Workout Time: 60 minute on the elliptical (549 calories) with a stride/min between 172-182 (averaging around 178), plus another unaccounted for 6 minutes because I wanted to watch the rest of the Fringe episode I was watching, 30 minutes weight training – I can do more consistent reps now (3 sets of 10-12 depending on the machine), and use a little bit more weight than initial starting by 5-10 pounds
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped – I didn’t get out of bed until noon
- Lunch: foil packet chicken – contained half a chicken breast (they were really big so I had to cut it in half), half a zucchini, handful of roma tomatoes, and a third of a pint of baby bella mushrooms
- Snack: 1 cup of pomegranate seeds, 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Dinner: gỏi gà – Spicy Cabbage and Chicken Salad with a mixed fish sauce dressing
I have no motivation to go to the gym today. I’m just tired and I want to go to sleep all day. Oye. Managed to sort of work out, got my heart rate up for a little bit before I just didn’t want to work out anymore. I find it funny that I’m more into working out when I’m at the gym than when I’m at home following fitness DVDs or YouTube videos. What counts is that I did something at least right?
I feel that I’m always so friggin’ lazy when I have days off at home. I think a new goal for myself is to get out of bed and stay out of bed until it’s bedtime. But it’s so comfortable to lay around bed all day when I can. Sleep sounds amazing right now, despite the fact that it’s only 7:18pm.
I’m also really bad at estimating how many calories I’ve consumed, and given today’s lunch was an all you can eat buffet, and I ate two plates where I had a small spoon of delicious Indian food, of everything there (they only had one bar set up). I really can’t tell how much I ate in terms of calories, but I figured I’ll just initiate intermittent fasting this way and not eat again until tomorrow around 12. So I guess 24 hour fasting period is the way to go. Maybe.
- Weight: 122.0
- Water Intake: 300 mL at the restaurant, 750 mL at by 7:30pm, 750 mL by 9pm, 750 mL by 11 pm
- Workout Time: 30 minutes of Cardio Hip Hop, and like 4 minute of this YouTube abs workout routine
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped – i was tired and slept up until lunch time
- Lunch: two plates of an all you can eat Indian buffet – had a little bit of everything since it was my first time eating indian food
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple
Today’s been one of those weird days, I didn’t quite feel like going to the gym. Which I know I’m going to regret already since I can’t really go to the gym tomorrow since I have dinner plans with everyone. I did do a bit of this cardio dance hip hop DVD that I got yesterday at Best Buy for $5 though (I had coupons). Did that, almost worked up a sweat but then dinner was ready and I was starving… sorta.
I was starving then in the process of putting together my Spicy Cabbage and Chicken salad (gỏi gà) to eat for a later date, I sort of lost my appetite. I wanted to make it because I didn’t want the chicken I bought to just be laying around. Then again, the chicken that I had thawed in my fridge was laying around, so I figured I’d make a dinner out of it (the thawed chicken not the one for the salad). So that is why I ate, this afternoon the foil packet consisted of an entire chicken breast and some veggies, but tonight it was more veggies and some chicken. I cut the thawed chicken breast in half and made two foil packets out of it. The second foil packet will be lunch tomorrow, maybe.
I’m trying to plan out my meals tomorrow so that I won’t over eat. Going out to get me some hibachi tomorrow night for my birthday with a group of friends. We’re celebrating early, just to accommodate everyone’s schedule. Then I have an Indian buffet to go to on Saturday for lunch with another friend who can’t make it tomorrow night. I’ve never actually had Indian food before, so a buffet to try a little of everything (then of course not know what I like or don’t like because I rarely look at the labels). Then finally, I have dinner with my roommate and her mom at a Thai restaurant on Monday night.
The dieter in me doesn’t want to eat, but the foodie in me is like “OMG FOOD!!!” So I just gotta plan smart with how much I eat and know when I should stop eating (particularly with the buffet). This week has been a rough week I think, in terms of weight, I’m still not back at Monday’s weight yet. But I’m slowly climbing down… I hope. This whole Diet Bet is now making me nervous, but hey, after Monday, I can diet to my heart’s content. I’m also going to have a lot of leftovers to last me at least until half way though the week if I eat right.
- Weight: 122.0 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 10am, 750 mL by 1pm, 750 mL by 9:30pm, 750 mL by midnight = 3000 mL
- Workout Time: 20 minute Cardio Hip-Hop
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: 1 slim fast bottled smoothie and 1 granny smith apple
- Lunch: Foil packet with chicken, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, and pesto
- Dinner: Foil packet with chicken, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, and pesto
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple when I got home, one teaspoonful of peanut butter with a couple of dark chocolate chips for dessert
I’m actually really tired today, and I’m not entirely sure why. Just sitting here in my little cubicle at the clinic makes my eyes want to shut, and my mind wants to wander away. I need to get into the habit of sleeping more, I know it’s a bad habit that’s been nearly impossible to break. The best streak I’ve ever had was on my first rotation where I was going to bed by 10pm, but at the same time I was waking up at 4:30am then to leave the house by 5:30am to get to the hospital.
I don’t even know why I stay up so late sometimes. It’s not like I’m doing anything important, I’m just browsing the internet and mindlessly playing some web game (i.e., Candy Crush – level 415 why are you challenging me so much?!). I tried to go to bed early last time, I was ready with the lights out and everything by 1am, I didn’t fall asleep until 2am because I was busy using up the 8 candy crush lives that I had. It’s always been something, it was really bad when I was playing Sudoku before I’d go to bed. It’d be “no! I must beat my best time for X amount of games before I can go to sleep!”
I’m pretty sure the sleep deprivation state that I’ve grown accustomed to since its development over a decade ago during the early high school days, isn’t doing so great for my body, metabolism, or even my mind. Every year, going to bed earlier is a resolution that I try to attain, but fail within the first couple of days because again, I don’t know why I’m up so late!
I actually wanted to do a quick workout of sorts in the mornings. Something like blogilates (some video that last 10-20 minutes) or the 8-minute abs workout. But, because its always a struggle to get out of bed I never have the time to do anything other than shower, get dressed, put my make-up on, and make breakfast, well at least most of the time for that last one.
- Weight: 122.4 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 8am, 16 oz (473 mL) of hojicha green tea by 11am, 16 oz (473 mL) of hojicha green tea by 2pm, 750 mL during/post workout, 750 mL by 11pm = 3196 mL
- Workout Time: 30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes elliptical
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: one 100 calorie English muffin with peanut butter and honey
- Lunch: Chobani Passionfruit Greek Yogurt (160 calories)
- Dinner: Other breast of the rotisserie chicken, and the rest of the fried rice from Monday’s vegan restaurant
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple with fat-free french vanilla yogurt fruit dip
So yesterday marked the beginning of Week 3 of all this health fitness thing. If I went by yesterday’s weight I lost 2.6 pounds, today’s weight I lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks of taking action. This is making me feel a lot better than last week’s weekly weigh in where it was like I gained 2 pounds instead. That wasn’t very fun.
- Weight: 121.6 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 11am, 750 mL during workout, 750 mL post-workout, and I may have had another 750 mL (I lost track)
- Workout Time: 60 minutes of solo racquetball, 25 minutes in the weight room
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped cause I didn’t have time for it this morning
- Lunch: leftover vegan Thai General (crispy soy “chicken” strips with scallions and cabbage in chili sauce) with brown rice
- Dinner: the breast of a rotisserie chicken with some red smashed potatoes from Wegmans
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple with fat free French vanilla yogurt fruit dip