No progress so far. Oye. Maybe I just need to go poo.
- Weight: 123.6 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by noon, 750 mL post workout
- Workout Time: 65 minutes elliptical (580 calories burnt)
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped
- Lunch: skipped
- Dinner: gỏi gà
- Dessert: tiramisu cake (small slice), 3 cookies, 1 pomegranate, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
Today’s been one of those weird days, I didn’t quite feel like going to the gym. Which I know I’m going to regret already since I can’t really go to the gym tomorrow since I have dinner plans with everyone. I did do a bit of this cardio dance hip hop DVD that I got yesterday at Best Buy for $5 though (I had coupons). Did that, almost worked up a sweat but then dinner was ready and I was starving… sorta.
I was starving then in the process of putting together my Spicy Cabbage and Chicken salad (gỏi gà) to eat for a later date, I sort of lost my appetite. I wanted to make it because I didn’t want the chicken I bought to just be laying around. Then again, the chicken that I had thawed in my fridge was laying around, so I figured I’d make a dinner out of it (the thawed chicken not the one for the salad). So that is why I ate, this afternoon the foil packet consisted of an entire chicken breast and some veggies, but tonight it was more veggies and some chicken. I cut the thawed chicken breast in half and made two foil packets out of it. The second foil packet will be lunch tomorrow, maybe.
I’m trying to plan out my meals tomorrow so that I won’t over eat. Going out to get me some hibachi tomorrow night for my birthday with a group of friends. We’re celebrating early, just to accommodate everyone’s schedule. Then I have an Indian buffet to go to on Saturday for lunch with another friend who can’t make it tomorrow night. I’ve never actually had Indian food before, so a buffet to try a little of everything (then of course not know what I like or don’t like because I rarely look at the labels). Then finally, I have dinner with my roommate and her mom at a Thai restaurant on Monday night.
The dieter in me doesn’t want to eat, but the foodie in me is like “OMG FOOD!!!” So I just gotta plan smart with how much I eat and know when I should stop eating (particularly with the buffet). This week has been a rough week I think, in terms of weight, I’m still not back at Monday’s weight yet. But I’m slowly climbing down… I hope. This whole Diet Bet is now making me nervous, but hey, after Monday, I can diet to my heart’s content. I’m also going to have a lot of leftovers to last me at least until half way though the week if I eat right.
- Weight: 122.0 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 10am, 750 mL by 1pm, 750 mL by 9:30pm, 750 mL by midnight = 3000 mL
- Workout Time: 20 minute Cardio Hip-Hop
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: 1 slim fast bottled smoothie and 1 granny smith apple
- Lunch: Foil packet with chicken, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, and pesto
- Dinner: Foil packet with chicken, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, and pesto
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple when I got home, one teaspoonful of peanut butter with a couple of dark chocolate chips for dessert
I’m actually really tired today, and I’m not entirely sure why. Just sitting here in my little cubicle at the clinic makes my eyes want to shut, and my mind wants to wander away. I need to get into the habit of sleeping more, I know it’s a bad habit that’s been nearly impossible to break. The best streak I’ve ever had was on my first rotation where I was going to bed by 10pm, but at the same time I was waking up at 4:30am then to leave the house by 5:30am to get to the hospital.
I don’t even know why I stay up so late sometimes. It’s not like I’m doing anything important, I’m just browsing the internet and mindlessly playing some web game (i.e., Candy Crush – level 415 why are you challenging me so much?!). I tried to go to bed early last time, I was ready with the lights out and everything by 1am, I didn’t fall asleep until 2am because I was busy using up the 8 candy crush lives that I had. It’s always been something, it was really bad when I was playing Sudoku before I’d go to bed. It’d be “no! I must beat my best time for X amount of games before I can go to sleep!”
I’m pretty sure the sleep deprivation state that I’ve grown accustomed to since its development over a decade ago during the early high school days, isn’t doing so great for my body, metabolism, or even my mind. Every year, going to bed earlier is a resolution that I try to attain, but fail within the first couple of days because again, I don’t know why I’m up so late!
I actually wanted to do a quick workout of sorts in the mornings. Something like blogilates (some video that last 10-20 minutes) or the 8-minute abs workout. But, because its always a struggle to get out of bed I never have the time to do anything other than shower, get dressed, put my make-up on, and make breakfast, well at least most of the time for that last one.
- Weight: 122.4 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 8am, 16 oz (473 mL) of hojicha green tea by 11am, 16 oz (473 mL) of hojicha green tea by 2pm, 750 mL during/post workout, 750 mL by 11pm = 3196 mL
- Workout Time: 30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes elliptical
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: one 100 calorie English muffin with peanut butter and honey
- Lunch: Chobani Passionfruit Greek Yogurt (160 calories)
- Dinner: Other breast of the rotisserie chicken, and the rest of the fried rice from Monday’s vegan restaurant
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple with fat-free french vanilla yogurt fruit dip
So yesterday marked the beginning of Week 3 of all this health fitness thing. If I went by yesterday’s weight I lost 2.6 pounds, today’s weight I lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks of taking action. This is making me feel a lot better than last week’s weekly weigh in where it was like I gained 2 pounds instead. That wasn’t very fun.
- Weight: 121.6 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 11am, 750 mL during workout, 750 mL post-workout, and I may have had another 750 mL (I lost track)
- Workout Time: 60 minutes of solo racquetball, 25 minutes in the weight room
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped cause I didn’t have time for it this morning
- Lunch: leftover vegan Thai General (crispy soy “chicken” strips with scallions and cabbage in chili sauce) with brown rice
- Dinner: the breast of a rotisserie chicken with some red smashed potatoes from Wegmans
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple with fat free French vanilla yogurt fruit dip
Not going to lie. I sort of decided to take action and make this fitness month thanks the motivation provided by Shay Carl’s Shaytober. So I’m for sure determined that my ultimate goal is to be 110 pounds, I know that back when I was 115 pounds I still had the belly flab cause that’s how much I weighed growing up once I hit puberty. Given how my schedule can be erratic with new and upcoming rotation schedules, and how not all of them will be like my current one where I literally don’t do anything once I leave the clinic, I figured it’d be a reasonable goal to get to my goal weight by the end of 2013.
Why wait until January 1, 2014 to make efforts for a brand new body with great health goals? I feel like that’s an ongoing trend with me, I tend to decide things and just start right away. I did it last time in 2009, when I got a gym membership weeks before the start of the new year figuring I’d start now instead of waiting for when it’s “customary” to start.
However, given that I’m at my easy rotation until November 4, I decided to challenge myself even more. ShayCarl is doing this Diet Bet thing, which is what they call social dieting. $30 goes in to the pot, and when it ends if I lose 4% of my weight (4.8 pounds in my case), I get my $30 back and split the pot of the money of people who didn’t win. I’m poor, extra money is always nice. I’m already planning on losing the weight, so sure why not join?
I submitted my starting weight when I woke up earlier, and I weighed in at 121.2 pounds (had to have some clothes on for the pictures, which is why it varies from the weight posted on this blog). Ultimate weight goal is 116.4 pounds by November 11th, I can do it! I haven’t weighed that much (little?) since right before I started college I think.
The diet bet starts tomorrow (October 15) and ends November 11! However, you can join up to 14 days late in the game (you just won’t get extra time). So come join me?!
Here’s my link if you want to join: http://diet.bt/1gcEgeP
- Weight: 121.0 pounds
- Water Intake: 750 mL by 2pm, 400 mL jasmine tea, 300 mL water at the restaurant, 750 mL after workout, 750 mL by 12:30am = 2950 mL
- Workout Time: 50 minutes at the gym doing that elliptical thing. Kept my pace at 166-172 strides/minute for the majority of the time (better than last time where it was 158-162) on the same level of resistance
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped cause I woke up late… again. I’m really bad at waking up early on weekends.
- Lunch: 1 serving chicken-olive sauté (Recipe found on Prevention.com) with 1/4 cup of quinoa
- Dinner: a little bit of go-green vegan fried rice and some Thai general vegan chicken dish, and some tofu, and then some taro sticky rice pudding thing (shared it with a friend)
- Snack: 1 granny smith apple with fat free french vanilla yogurt fruit dip
Finally the first real scheduled rest day according to plan. In the last 13 days. Since I started on October 1, I’ve only had one cheat day in terms of food intake, and this marks no work out day #4. (The reasons for the others was: 1.) I was too busy and was running around town all the way until 9pm, I was lazy, and I was so sore it hurt to walk to the point where I was taking ibuprofen without relief). So that’s 9 days out of 13, that’s not bad at all. That’s the first time I’ve worked out that much straight with that much motivation.
I seemed to have taken “Rest Day” too literally – and everything was thrown off, as I reverted back to my old sleep habits and went to bed at 5:30am, and didn’t wake up until noon. So bad, I don’t even now what I do most of the time. I should try and fix that again.
But apparently I failed since it is now 3:20am, and I’m still awake.
- Weight: 122.8 lbs
- Water Intake: lost track but approximately 473 mL of hojicha green tea, 354 mL of honey black tea, and 750 mL of water = 1577 mL
- Workout Time: Rest Day
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast: skipped cause I woke up at noon
- Lunch: one 100 calorie English muffin with almond butter and honey with one soft-boiled egg
- Dinner: drumsticks and thighs of a rotisserie chicken
Oye, today was definitely a cheat day in terms of my usual food routine/diet. The weather was gloomy, misting rain, and slightly chilly, which meant it was perfect weather for Hot Pot. So I spontaneously called out a friend and we went down to Boston to get some at 8pm. Man was it worth it. However, I feel like it’s a lot more food at one time than I’ve been used to the last two weeks. My stomach was uncomfortably full, but unfortunately the Hot Pot was too good to pass up, and you can’t doggie bag Hot Pot. It just doesn’t work that way.
Next weekend’s even going to be worse, given that it’s my birthday weekend. Already planned is a Hibachi dinner on Friday night with a group of friends, and then on the Monday following I’m going out to try this new Thai place nearby with my roommate and her mom to celebrate my birthday then. Gotta just stay on track on the other days.
- Weight: 122.2 lbs
- Water Intake: 300 mL by noon, 750 mL by 1:30pm, 750 mL by end of work out, 500 mL of hojicha green tea, 500 mL of water during dinner = 2800 mL
- Workout Time: 50 minutes on the elliptical (398.7 calories)
[The Meal Plan]
- Breakfast:one 100-calorie English muffin with peanut butter and honey
- Post-Workout Snack: one clementine, one serving of Chobani’s Vanilla Greek Yogurt with 1/4 cup of Bare Naked Fit Triple Crunch Berry Granola
- Lunch: one slice of my roommate’s “homemade pizza” – crust made of whole grain, toppings include kale, yellow squash, tomatoes, marinara sauce, meatless sausage, asparagus, onions, and hardly any cheese
- Dinner: Asian Hot Pot at Shabu Zen – I got the surf and turf (lamb and a plate of assorted seafood – salmon, some white fish, scallops, fish cake, squid, mini octopus) with a plate of veggies (bak choy, napa cabbage, enoki mushroom, king mushroom, some other button mushroom, tomato, carrot, tofu) in a Spicy Szechuan Broth, with a small rice bowl of udon noodles
- Dessert: Kung Fu Milk Tea‘s Bubble Milk Green Tea with boba